Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2014

Avalon by Mindee Arnett

4.5 stars
I loved Firefly so when I saw the comparisons I was apprehensive. It was definitely good and better than some other space novels that I have come across. I really grew to love Jeth which was a surprise because I typically gravitate toward female protagonists. He was a great, compelling character that you felt very connected to. Mindee Arnett is mad wicked at writing villains. Not one but two that you just despised and booed whenever them came onto the page. And the ending? I just loved the ending! I don't want to give anything away so I won't say what I loved about it. I am on pins and needles waiting for the next book and will be first in line to get it.

There is a fair amount of violence and a few colorful words, but nothing egregious.

No comments:

Post a Comment