Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

I really loved The Shadow Society, but this book is so much beyond that one that I can't express my delight. I started with the short story Bridge of Snow which can be found for free here http://www.tor.com/stories/2014/01/bridge-of-snow-marie-rutkoski. It was masterful and begs for more. The full length novel did not disappoint. The story was so well put together from beginning to end. The world building was phenomenal and intricate. The characters were some of the best that I have read in YA fiction. I found my loyalties divided so much in the book. I realized that if I routed for Arin then Kestrel would suffer, and vice versa if I routed for Kestrel. I never could make up my mind which one I wanted to triumph. Also, I would like to point out that this was a great romance. There was no insta-love or repeated paragraphs telling me, the reader, how hot the other one was. It was sweet and slow and very satisfying.
I desperately want the next book, and I am very sad to think that I have to wait a year before I can find out what happens. But I am very happy that I have found a new author that I can rave about.

No comments:

Post a Comment