Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2013

These Broken Stars by Aimee Kaufman and Megan Spooner

4.5 stars
Amazing! This was heartbreaking beautiful. Once I finished I didn't want to leave the world so carefully crafted. The whole book was so tightly woven together and kept the story going at such a frenetic pace that you didn't have time to catch your breath. I realized about 10% of the way in that this book was going to be a huge hit in 2013, and everything that came after that supported this. Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner are brilliant and talented, but the thing that stuck with my the most was how genuine and likeable the characters are. She has a real gift with real (and flawed) characters who get under your skin and make you cheer them on. I always am tickled to read a dualing POV book, and this one was a real treat as we get the perspectives of both main characters and their different way of thinking things through. I think this book will be on everyone's Christmas list this year (or at least should be). I recently reviewed a book that contained a lot of language and sex. This book also had those and while I could have done without the couple of expletives, the sex in this book was handled tastefully. Other YA authors should take note that if you must have these elements, they can be done in a way that is not so offensive to those of us who are prudes.

This book will be released on December 10, 2013 in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment