Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Offering by Kimberly Derting

4.5 stars
A great end to a great series.  I love Kimberly Derting's writing, and her world building is phenomenal.  I really did want more of Sage, and I am hoping Ms. Derting will read this and consider writing a book about her or about Angelina - either one will do - both if I am lucky!  The struggle that Charlie goes through in each of the books to become who she is meant to be is something that I think we all have been familiar with at one point. I am bi-polar, and I especially identified with having a Sabara inside who is not the person you want to be.

Charlie's growth is palpable from book to book.  Her compassion for her country people grows, but she is in a place to make changes for those people.  This book did a great job of depicting war, and the impact that it has on civilians.  By showing those left behind, and the innocent people harmed, Charlie's struggles seem all the more important to the welfare of her nation. 

Max is my only quibble in the series.  I just wasn't drawn to him.  The other characters were endearing - Zander, Angelina, Eden, Brook, even Zafir.  For some reason I just couldn't make myself like him.

I will definitely pick up anything that Derting writes.  I have not read the Body Finder series so I am anxious to read those. 

There was one scene that had cursing.  A good amount of violence and Charlie and Max share a bed, but no graphic sex scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment