Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I hate books that make me cry. I avoid them as if they are ridden with a deadly plague that has no cure. I even vowed never to read this book, but... I am taking a YA lit class, and you guessed it this book was on the reading list. And I was right, this book did make me cry. Fortunately, I was not in public so I was saved that embarrassment. It was touching and the characters drew you in and made you care about them. John Green has a wicked sense of humor, and it shines though in the witty banter between Hazel, Issac and Gus. I loved all of the literary and historical references especially Anne Frank. I don't know if I have been converted to be a John Green fan since I am still shuddering over the first two chapters of An Abundance of Katherines, but I did like this one.

This books did have language and sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment