Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2014

Amber House by Kelly Moore, Larkin Reed and Tucker Reed

The way the past was woven into the present was beautiful and eerie. You never quite knew where the danger was going to come from, but you knew it was coming. I loved Sammy and thought he was one of the greatest things about this book. We need to see characters who are not mainstream, but who have struggles in their day to day lives. The portrayal of the relationship between Sarah and Sammy was awesome to see. Her protectiveness of him was well written.

I found the love triangle to be a distraction from the real story. I felt that one of the characters acted out of the character that had been written during one of the last scenes. It felt a little too convenient that this character would behave that way.

I almost didn't read this because people kept talking about how scary the book was. I didn't really find it to be frightening. There was definitely a slow build toward the climax. The ending seemed a little rushed and a tad confusing as Sarah rushes around the house. I wasn't sure how she was able to do what she did since she had never been able to do it before.

The first line is so intriguing - "I was sixteen the first time my grandmother died." Got your interest? It got mine, but that was never addressed in the rest of the book. Does this mean her grandmother will be coming back from the dead? Or is a reincarnation? You never get to know what Sarah meant by that. I was a little disappointed by that.

I will be picking up the next book and look forward to reading it.

There was one damn in the book and no sex.  It was a really clean read which I appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment