Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Slated by Teri Terry

Slated (Slated, #1) 4 stars
I think the ending left me with more questions than when I started. The big reveal in the end didn't really fit with what had happened in the earlier pages. I was really drawn into Kayla's world and her story. The idea that we could be remolded into a different human being if our memories were not intact is an interesting premise. It does not allow for the nature side of the argument.

I am quite intrigued by Kayla's new Mum. I think there is so much more there than what we get in the first book. It felt like the entire book was just a set up for the next book. There was no real resolution to any of the problems presented. I am really bummed out that I don't have the next book to read right away.

Kayla's artistic talent was a nice touch. My mother-in-law was an amazing artist before her stroke which paralyzed her. She taught herself how to paint with her other hand, and the pieces she painted were just as good. I can see how Kayla could teach herself to draw with her non-dominant hand.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good dystopian. However, if you need things wrapped up like a giant Christmas package then I would recommend waiting until you have all three books in the trilogy.  Things are definitely left hanging at the end of this one.  There are also some plot points that you have to suspend belief for, but on the whole it was a good solid read.

There was no sex (chaste kisses only) and no language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment