Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Madly, Deeply by Erica Crouch


Madly, Deeply

Blurb from Goodreads
It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea...


Annaleigh Wells and William Calloway had a love even the angels envied. It was as if the universe spun them toward one another, like the stars crafted their souls to fit perfectly together.

With a wedding on the horizon, fate had a change of heart. Whispered warnings from phantoms and morbid nightmares darkened every night—but even visions of the future couldn’t save Annaleigh.

Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe’s poem Annabel Lee, Crouch’s period romance Madly, Deeply tells the tale of love so great, it cannot be contained in just one life.


This is a book about loss and grief. It is a beautifully written tribute to the power of love. William loses his other half on their wedding night. It really made me think about losing my husband, my better half, and I realize that even though we have been married for 21 years, it is not enough. William's grief touched me, made me cry, and made me appreciate that love should not be taken for granted. The book took Poe's poem of Annabel Lee and added aspects of the supernatural. It imagined the world perfectly with just the right touch of characters. It wasn't very long, but it was packed full of emotion. I would recommend to readers who don't mind a character driven novel who like a novel to make them feel emotions. And, of course, if you are a big Edgar Allen Poe fan, this will delight you.  It was truly well done, and I will definitely want to keep this one around for re-reads.  

This was a clean read - no sex or language! 

No comments:

Post a Comment