Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Welcome to the Dark House part two


Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria StolarzMy earlier review was written in the mistaken belief that this was a stand-alone novel. I have been informed that there will be a sequel so I will amend my review from 3 stars to 4.  Here goes how the review would have went if I had known there was a sequel...  I liked everything about this novel except for that cliff hanger ending. I am beyond ready for the next book to explain all the creepiness away. The writing was suspenseful and eerie. I have always been afraid of carnivals since I was little, and this didn't really help much. I loved Ivy's character. I thought she was well drawn and believable. I think it takes more guts to overcome a big fear than it does to tackle a smaller fear. And Ivy has guts! I am eager for the next one (now that I know there is more coming). Thanks to the author for correcting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment