Search This Blog

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick

4.5 stars
I absolutely adored this book. Every word built the story in evocative and beautiful ways. But... it is not in any way a YA book. Not that there is objectionable things - there wasn't. Sedgwick uses his words to describe rather than relying on obscenities (which I greatly appreciate). There was no sex - true love lasting for centuries, yes. I just can't understand why it was labeled as YA. I know that Sedgwick has written YA novels in the past, but that shouldn't mean an automatic label.

It is beautiful, classic and touching - something that should be savored. It is a quick read, but I found myself slowing down to enjoy certain passages and to make the experience last longer. I haven't read any other books by Sedgwick, but I will certainly be bumping up his other novels in my TBR list. I am not one for re-reading books very often, but this book is one that I look forward to reading again.

No comments:

Post a Comment