Search This Blog

Friday, February 21, 2014

Mistwalker by Saundra Mitchell

The amazing atmosphere of this book added such strength to the story. It is well wrought and beautifully written. I loved that Willa knew her place was to stay home. This is so rarely the case with YA protagonists. The trope is usually a character who desperately wants out of the town they live in. This was a welcome breath of fresh air.

Certain passages were so poetic that you needed to stop and roll them around on your tongue to fully appreciate them. I am definitely wanting to read more from Saundra Mitchell. I appreciated the use of italics and how they played into the end of the novel. The world building was truly some of the best that I have read. I felt like I was in Maine even though I have never been there before.

No comments:

Post a Comment