Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

3.5 stars
I liked this book and thought the world-building was extremely well done. My one gripe is one that I have about most YA books and that is the main character needs to constantly narrate how hot the love interest is. In the middle of a shoot out? Still being told how beautiful the love interest is.
It was refreshing to read from a male POV. I thought David was an interesting character who has devoted his life to one thing, but finds that there might be more to life than revenge. It reminds me of the end of The Princess Bride. "I have been in the revenge business so long..." David, I am sure, will continue fighting Epics because otherwise there would be no sequels. I thought the reveals at the end were well done. Prof was a great character who was the perfect example of a leader who wanted nothing more than to not be a leader.

I am interested enough to pick up the next book in the series as well as some other fantasies by Sanderson.

There was a lot of violence, but no language and no sex.  David is attracted to Megan, but she doesn't give him the time of day.  There was a version of cursing, but they would use words like Sparks rather than an actual curse word.

No comments:

Post a Comment